Coterie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bigsykalypse nigh

3 posters

Go down

Bigsykalypse nigh Empty Bigsykalypse nigh

Post by Bigsyke Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:13 am

Character Name: Bigsyke

Jobs Leveled 75+: DRK, RNG, SAM, DRG, COR, WAR, MNK

Available Subjobs: THF, DNC and NIN 37

Merits: 190, see FFXIAH profile. Still needs work in this department.

Notable Gear:
Weapons: KC, MK
Ammo: Black, White and Tantra Tathlums
Head: Hecatomb cap, Enkidu's cap
Neck: Faith and love torques. Ancient torque.
Body: Haubergeon +1, Shadow Breastplate, Aurum cuirass, hecatomb harness, Kirin's osode
Hands: Dusk gloves +1, Crimson finger gauntlets, Seiryu's kote, hecatomb mittens, enkidu's mittens
Rings: Toreador's ring, blitz ring
Back: Lancer's pelerine, cuchulain's mantle
Waist: speed belt, buccaneer's belt, scout's belt, commodore belt, wyrm belt
Legs: Byakko's haidate, homam cosciales, hachiryu haidate, dusk trousers +1, shura haidate, enkidu's subligar
Feet: Aurum sabatons, enkidu's leggings, scout's socks, hecatomb leggings, dusk ledelsens +1

Mission Status:
San d'Oria: 10
ZM: Celestial Nexus
CoP: Dawn
ToAU: Misplaced Nobility
WotG: In the name of the father
ACP: Done
MKE: Done
ASA: Project: Shantottofication

Have you obtained any Celerity/Sojourn Abyssites?:
Scarlet Abyssite of Sojourn
Ivory abyssite of Sojourn

Have you obtained Lunar Abyssite from the zone bosses? (Atma access):
Nein

Other notable Atma/Abyssite:
Only the standard mission ones

Have you transferred from another server, and if so which and why?:
I transferred from Ragnarok, too many midgets over there.

Are you a member of any other LS you plan to attend events with?:
Not that I'm aware of

Previous Linkshells, and why you left them:
Balance (Sky LS): Pretty much dissolved when the sacks ran away
Faith: LS died and was spaming certain obsolete events with the money going nowhere.
Rage: Died and reformed into Rise
Rise: Left it because I got tired of putting in effort with no returns and spaming obsolete events

Do you know anyone in our Linkshell that would recommend you?:
People I know: Bummage, Teylana, Panik, Nightdawd, Reyn (but he is an asshole), Memchii, Dominuse, Julianne, Vodevil, Casey, Soyven, Mintra, Fizzle, Grommet, Yokytldrsheemo (too short to remember though).
People that recommend me: My mother........I think

Timezone/Play time:
GMT/BST (yeah, I get a job for a timezone, how awesome is that?)
Playtime: pretty random

Access to Skype/Ventrilo/Teamspeak?:
Have you read and understand our Rules and Guidelines, and are able to make it to event times?:
English isn't my first language, but I think I did. Will try my best to attend events, but it all depends on my real life schedule.

Bigsyke

Back to top Go down

Bigsykalypse nigh Empty Re: Bigsykalypse nigh

Post by Nightdawn Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:38 pm

I was naive to not know your initial Language wasn't english. What is your first language?

Nightdawn
Nightdawn
Coterie Sackholder

Back to top Go down

Post by Reyn Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:31 pm

It's hard to turn down a KC DRK, but you haven't attended an NM night with Cynosure in a very long time - many of those nights with you actively on-line at the time. Why not?
Reyn
Reyn
Coterie Shellholder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigsyke Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:11 pm

ND: Not really naive, most people don't know that.

Reyn:
1. I highly doubt I was "actively" on during "many" of the runs that I didn't attend. As most people know, I tend to be afk even when I'm asleep, and can occasionally wake up to chat a little and then take another nap. Also, if I was on early during the run I highly doubt I was also on half way through the run, because I don't remember many incidents where I saw Abyssea-related chat when I wasn't involved in the run.

2. As many of the LS members know, my health hasn't been the best lately and I had to go for surgery on the 1st of this month and I just came back from the doctor's to be told I'll have to be admitted from tomorrow for a couple of day (yay me!). So while I've always been the insomniac that can't sleep for more than 3 hours a day, I can suddenly feel tired so given the option I don't think you would have wanted a person who is half focused (and there were times in the past where I passed out during Abyssea exp). Things are hopefully better now and will hopefully recover fully after the treatment.

3. Cynosure was, and will always be a social LS. As far as I'm aware, there wasn't any sort of 100% committment to drop whatever you are doing to attend. I presume this is different with Coterie?

4. Searched high and low for an alternative Abyssea group that runs during GMT time, no success at all and I don't want to continue doing 3 hours events that will only benefit the sacks' pockets.

Bigsyke

Back to top Go down

Post by Reyn Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:29 pm

Attendance was never required in Cynosure, but your only attending exp runs for the last month and a half at least has me curious as to why you applied. I understand your health problems, but you never indicated this as a reason for halting NM runs. In LS chat last week, Memchii asked if you were coming and you simply replied, "I never do." Which is true, you hadn't been, and you continued on in your Abyssea exp party that night.

All of that aside. I am willing to give you a shot if you're willing to meet a few conditions:

1. Our attendance policy calls for the full extent of an NM run and two events a week. I understand you have some treatments coming up, but in general, the attendance has to step up.

2. You tone down the attitude. I know that half the time you're only messing around, but not everyone understands your humor or is in the mood for it. And the other half of the time you're not just messing around. I'm not going to put up with jabs on people or any kind of disrespect in my Linkshell. We're not here to argue or make fun of each other, we're here to have a good time and get some gear.

If you can work with that, then I'd love to have a good player such as yourself on board. If not, then we may not be the right Linkshell for you.
Reyn
Reyn
Coterie Shellholder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigsyke Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:24 pm

I still fail to see how Cynosure's voluntary events relate to this. One is organised with strict rules and a point system and the other isn't. Also, the exp party in question, I left it and hour before event time for you guys. Interesting, no?

I would have preferred a simple "No, this won't work out" rather than beating around the Georg W.

Bigsyke

Back to top Go down

Post by Reyn Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:29 pm

Almost all of these rules were copy and pasted directly from Cynosure's website, there was always a point system, and it was always organized. It relates because it's a sign of the kind of behavior and attendance I can expect from you here. If you weren't interested in Abyssea then, I don't see how you'll be interested in it now.

Am I wrong to assume your reply means you're unwilling to meet my conditions?
Reyn
Reyn
Coterie Shellholder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightdawn Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:31 pm

It really isn't a beating around the bush. Just necessary clarification.

In Cynosure there actually were points being earned and an organized system for drops.

One reason we split off from Cynosure was so we could be more focused on Abyssea. So we, as a shell, do need to know if past ls behaviour will be present behaviour with Coterie.

This is all why we wanted to make sure you knew that we do have a minimum requirement for attendance. It was not a blatant "Past attendance sucks balls you are out"... It was simply what it states... A need to show more attendance than that of Cynosure Abyssea ^^

So, basically....

1-Are you going to be present as per required by the rules?
2- Are you going to play nice?
Nightdawn
Nightdawn
Coterie Sackholder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigsyke Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Let me give an example of why I say it wasn't organised. The run on Aug. 3, someone bought 7 Shocking Whiskers for the LS and traded them to members as they couldn't hold more than one. When it came to popping the NM it suddenly turned into a "your pop, your drop" despite the rules saying otherwise...

It isn't the case of unwillingness (as implied in each of my posts on this page). The impression I got from your first reply is "OMG! A KC DRK, but I don't really like this guy....", and despite what people think I'm not really big on joining a shell if the leader doesn't want me there because that usually leads to A) a split in the LS, B) Getting screwed over. Which is why I'm saying, it is either a "yes" or a "no" without any hard feelings since I've known most of you for years.

Bigsyke

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightdawn Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:49 pm

The shell has come a long way over the past few months as we have settled into the set of rules. Since I've been doing NM runs, and memory I guess could be off, but there was only one "Your pop, your drop" that was ever instigated.

To avoid an annoying circle and people getting frustrated how about we put it this way Smile

Can you abide by 1 and 2? If you can great, if not I'm sorry. It really is just that simple.
Nightdawn
Nightdawn
Coterie Sackholder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum